Host an Online Fundraiser
Hosting an online fundraiser via CEAP’s GiveMN profile is a great way to support your community!
We’re always available to help set up your online fundraiser, or you can do it on your own. Here’s what Tony, one of our volunteers who hosted an online fundraiser, thought about his experience:
Whether you raise $200 or $5,000, your online fundraiser builds awareness for CEAP and will make you feel more connected to your community.
Online fundraisers are great for a variety of reasons!
It’s convenient. Engage employees, faith members or family and friends.
It’s customizable. Add your company’s logo or a photo of your family, and tell your own CEAP story.
It’s easy to promote. Spread the word via email or social media.
It’s fast. Transactions completed in minutes and donors will receive a receipt.
It makes an impact. Online donations allow CEAP to respond quickly to the needs of your neighbors.
Here’s how to start:
1. Visit CEAP’s GiveMN profile at www.givemn.org/organization/ceap
2. Below our name, you’ll see two buttons: “Donate” and “Fundraise.” Click on the “Fundraise” button.
3. GiveMN will prompt you to sign in to your account. If you don’t have one yet, it’s easy and free to create an account.
4. Once you’re logged in or have created a new account, you’ll be prompted to build your fundraiser. Depending on the time of year, CEAP may already have a template fundraiser in place. If not, follow the prompts and fill in the required information: You’ll want a title, a photo, a time frame, and a fundraising goal. You’ll also want to add a personal story that tells people WHY you’re raising money for CEAP.
5. After you’ve filled in those fields, you’re ready to Publish and share your fundraiser with friends, family and others via social media, email, or word-of-mouth.
Get stuck and need help? Reach out to our Director of Advancement, Kalleah Kennedy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.