CEAP offers several volunteer options where individuals or smaller groups can simply sign-up online for a particular date and time for volunteering. Volunteers can then show up at the date and time of the shift and are oriented and trained on the spot for their role. We know that life can be busy and these opportunities make it easy to contribute towards a thriving community that fits within your schedule!
Want to bring a group of volunteers to an event? Just fill out this form and let us know which opportunities you’re interested in.
March Food Share
Dates: March 2020
Volunteers needed: individuals, families (10+) and groups up to 20
Description: March is the time of year where the community rallies around local food shelves. Each March CEAP partners with over 70 schools, business, faith-based and community groups to host food and fund drives. Volunteers are needed to sort and stock food from these drives to put our best food forward to families visiting the food Market.
Join one of these high energy volunteer shifts in CEAP’s Food Market. You’ll help sort produce/donations, stock the shelves, and organize the market to ensure that families are greeted with a beautiful and bountiful space when they arrive.
- Shifts available Monday-Friday mornings, mid-day, and afternoons
- Need a special shift, or want to bring a group? Contact email@example.com or 763-450-3679, we are flexible with dates and times!
Fare for All
The Fare For All program (operated by The Food Group) is available at CEAP (7051 Brooklyn Blvd, Brooklyn Center, MN) on one Thursday of each month from 3:30pm to 5:30pm. Fare For All is a community supported purchasing program and open to everyone. The more people who participate, the better the deals on fresh fruits, vegetables and frozen meat! Volunteers are needed to help serve customers accessing Fare For All food packages. For more information on Fare For All, go to www.fareforall.org.
- 2020 dates: January 16th, February 13th, April 16th, May 14th, June 11th, July 16th, August 13th, September 17th, October 15th, November 5th, December 3rd
Annual Options not currently available:
Toys of Joy:
CEAP’s Toys of Joy Program serves more than 2,300 children, from babies to teenagers, in our community each year. You time and energy help create Santa’s workshop of CEAP where parents are able to come through and shop for gifts for their families. Join us for an opportunity to spread holiday cheer right here in your community!
- Registration: December 2,3,4 (morning, afternoon, and evening shifts)
- Set Up and Toy sorting: December 12, 13, 16 (morning, afternoon shifts)
- Distribution: December 17,18,19 (morning, afternoon, and evening shifts)
Number of volunteers needed: we can work with individuals, families, and groups up to 30 volunteers
Supplies for Success
CEAP partners with families to ensure that every child is prepared for a successful school year. Help your community start their school year off right by volunteering with our Supplies for Success program. Last year, CEAP provided over 2,000 children the school supplies. Volunteers power all aspects of this program – including registering families, packing backpacks and distributing school supplies.
Farm Fresh Fest
Farm Fresh Fest is a celebration of our community and an opportunity for our neighbors to receive fresh, in-season produce in a warm, inviting festival atmosphere. These free farmer’s market events provide locally grown produce to over 200 households. Volunteers are critical for setting up and distributing produce to the community in a welcoming and festive way.
- Remaining dates are October 18th and November 1st
- Volunteer shifts: 2:00-6:00 or 3:00-6:30
- Group size: 40
Description: We know in Minnesota the cold weather is coming. CEAP is giving out warm coats and jackets to community members and we are looking for help to make this distribution a success! Families who are visiting the Food Market will have a chance to receive coats that have been donated to us. We will have all of the coats sorted by age/size in our community room where families will come through to pick out what they need for the this upcoming winter season.
- Dates: Monday October 28th-Friday November 1st
- Shifts: Please join us for a morning, afternoon, or Wednesday evening shift!
- Number of volunteers needed: we can work with individuals, families, and groups up to 20 volunteers