Healthy Kids. Successful Students. Stronger Communities.
Schools, parents, and communities share a common goal of supporting their children’s learning and development. In order to be fully prepared for another school year, our children need school supplies and healthy meals. There is a strong link between eating healthy, physical activity, and improved academic achievement of children. It’s up to you to provide all the supplies needed for success this school year.
Know the Facts.
- Healthy students are better learners.
- Schools can influence eating and physical activity behaviors.
- Healthy, successful students help build strong communities.
- All students deserve the opportunity to be healthy and successful.
According the Center for Disease Control:
- Skipping breakfast is associated with decreased cognitive performance (e.g., alertness, attention, memory, processing of complex visual display, problem solving) among students.
- Lack of adequate consumption of specific foods, such as fruits, vegetables, or dairy products, is associated with lower grades among students.
- Deficits of specific nutrients (i.e., vitamins A, B6, B12, C, folate, iron, zinc, and calcium) are associated with lower grades and higher rates of absenteeism and tardiness among students.
- Hunger due to insufficient food intake is associated with lower grades, higher rates of absenteeism, repeating a grade, and an inability to focus among students.
- Host a School Supply Drive for CEAP!
- Sponsor a ‘Meals for Minds’ Site! Support your local community by donating funds to ensure that every child well-nourished throughout the school year.
Why YOU Matter.
- For every dollar donated – CEAP can provide 1 meal
- For every 1.2 pounds of food that you donate – CEAP can provide 1 meal
- Each Meals for Mind site provides groceries to over 100 children in your community