2017 March FoodShare Wrap-Up
Thank you to our generous community who made this year’s March FoodShare Campaign such a huge success. Our food shelf is brimming with food – 187,448 pounds to be exact! In addition, you helped us raise $131,982.84 in critical financial support for our programming.
Here are just a few highlights from this year’s campaign:
- This year’s Feed the Need event at local grocery stores saw a dramatic increase in donations – 5,985 pounds of food – a 29% increase over 2016!
- MGS Machine, our top financial supporter, raised $12,800 for CEAP’s programs!
- Our brand new church supporter, Church of the Open Door, became our top food supporter by raising nearly 1,200 pounds of food!
- Our fundraising event, “Spread Kindness Like Confetti” was attended by over 180 people and raised $11,230!
Our work is never done, and we cannot do this with out the support of our community. If you missed your chance to donate during one of these events, there are still many ways to help:
- Make an online donation
- Host a food or school supply drive
- Create a special fundraising event – a spaghetti dinner, chili cook-off, or even a comedy show – and donate proceeds to CEAP
- Volunteer in our food shelf or Meals on Wheels programs
Thank you for helping us grow a stronger community!