Healthy Kids. Successful Students.
Growing Stronger Communities.
Supplies for Success.
Schools, parents, and communities share a common goal of supporting their children’s learning and development. In order to be fully prepared for another school year, our children need school supplies and healthy meals. There is a strong link between eating healthy, physical activity, and improved academic achievement of children. It’s up to you to provide all the supplies needed for success this school year.
Know the Facts.
- Healthy students are better learners
- Schools can influence eating and physical activity behaviors
- Healthy, successful students help build strong communities
- Investing in the health of students contributes to healthy communities in the future.
- All students deserve the opportunity to be healthy and successful
According the Center for Disease Control:
- Skipping breakfast is associated with decreased cognitive performance.
- Lack of adequate consumption of specific foods, such as fruits, vegetables, or dairy products, is associated with lower grades.
- Deficits of specific nutrients are associated with lower grades and higher rates of absenteeism and tardiness.
- Hunger is associated with lower grades, higher rates of absenteeism, repeating a grade, and an inability to focus.
- Host a School Supply Drive for CEAP! CEAP has collection containers, donation idea flyers, and drop off and pick up services available to anyone interested in hosting a drive.
- Sponsor a ‘Meals for Minds’ Site! Support your local community by donating funds to ensure that every child well-nourished throughout the school year.
Why YOU Matter.
- For every dollar you donate, you are providing 4 meals to children in your community.
- Your donation of $4 can sponsor a child at our Meals for Minds site.
- Each Meals for Minds site provides groceries to over 100 children.
Your Supplies for Success Kit.
- Supplies for Success Talking Points 2018
- School Supply Donation Ideas Flyer
- School Supply Barrel Sign 2018
Interested in partnering with families to prepare our children for success? Call our Director of Development today at 763-450-3664!